The Dominica Citizenship by Investment Program operates under § 101 of the nation’s constitution and § 8 and 20 of the Citizenship Act. The program allows the government to grant citizenship to persons who qualify under certain criteria and policy guidelines while boosting Dominica’s economic investment.
Benefits of the Dominica Citizenship by Investment Program:
- Visa-free or visa-on-arrival travel to 144 destinations worldwide.
- Ability to include a spouse, children under 31, unmarried siblings under 26, and parents and grandparents of any age, as well as to add dependents after citizenship has been granted to the main applicant.
- Citizenship by descent is available for future generations.
- Right to live, work, and study in Dominica.
- No restrictions on dual citizenship in Dominica.
- No minimum stay is required.
Requirements of Dominican citizenship by investment:
To qualify for citizenship under the current regulations, applicants may choose from one of two options:
1. A non-refundable contribution to the Economic Development Fund of USD 100,000.
2. An investment in an approved real estate development with a minimum value of USD 200,000.
Procedures and time frame of the Dominica Citizenship by Investment Program:
The applicant and their family are required to take an oath of allegiance before an authorized notary, justice of the peace, or commissioner of oaths.
After pledging allegiance, the citizenship application is processed further and the citizenship certificates are duly issued.
There is no physical residence requirement. However, the government encourages new citizens to become further involved in the economy, and substantial incentives are on offer to make increased involvement an attractive option.
The successful applicant has the right to take up residence in Dominica at any time and for any length of time. Any applicant who has been denied a visa to a country with which Dominica has a visa-free travel agreement must subsequently successfully obtain a visa from that country to be eligible to apply.
Pre-existing dependents of the main applicant and future spouses of persons who obtained citizenship through the Dominica Citizenship by Investment Program can apply for citizenship, subject to additional fees.
Newborn children of persons who obtained citizenship through the program, born after citizenship has been obtained, can be registered for citizenship at any time.
Applications are processed by citizenship by the investment unit, a dedicated government authority within the Ministry of Finance that is responsible for the management of the program. Processing times for applications are currently three months from the receipt of a fully completed application.