Citizenship by investment in Dominica
Dominica Citizenship by Investment operates under Article 101 of the Constitution and Articles 8, 20, and 25 of the Citizenship Act. Under the program, Dominica’s government grants citizenship to individuals who meet certain criteria and policy guidelines, while increasing its economic investment.
Dominica Citizenship by Investment Benefits
- Over 140 destinations worldwide offer visa-free or visa-on-arrival travel.
- It is possible to include a spouse, unmarried children under 31 who are substantially dependent on the main applicant, as well as parents and grandparents aged 65 and older after the main applicant has been granted citizenship.
- Dominica’s right to live, work, and study future generations will be able to obtain citizenship by descent.
- Dominica’s right to live, work, and study.
- There is no minimum stay requirement.
- Investment requirements for Dominican citizenship:
- The current regulations allow single applicants to choose between two options for citizenship:
- USD 100,000 non-refundable contribution to the Economic Development Fund
- A minimum investment of USD 200,000 in an approved real estate development
Dominica Citizenship by Investment Procedures and Timeline
Applicants and dependent family members aged 16 and older are required to attend mandatory virtual interviews, via a secure platform. It is also necessary to take an oath of allegiance before a notary, justice of the peace, or commissioner of oaths. In the following steps, the citizenship application is processed further and citizenship certificates are issued.
While there is no mandatory residency requirement, the government strongly encourages new citizens to actively participate in the economy. To make this option more appealing, significant incentives are available.
Additionally, successful applicants have the freedom to reside in Dominica at their discretion, for any duration. However, if an applicant has previously been denied a visa by a country that has a visa-free travel agreement with Dominica, they must obtain a visa from that country to be eligible to apply.
The citizenship by investment program is managed by a dedicated government authority within the Ministry of Finance, responsible for processing applications. The current processing time for applications is three months after they are received.